1993 2.5 Scrap value for old 310 crew bus? - ozvaldinho
I have an old Mercedes Crew Bus which I need to dispose of as it's failed its MOT for really bad underbody corrosion in 14 places. It's a 310 panel van converted to a 13 seat crewbus. It's legal until next Friday, so I was planning to run it to a scrapyard. Trouble is, I've no idea what scrap values are and don't want to get conned. Anybody here able to give me a rough estimate or make a suggestion as how to get more for it?

Thanks guys!

Oz
1993 2.5 Scrap value for old 310 crew bus? - Screwloose
Oz

Don't hold your breath; scrap is around a tenth of what it was a year ago. It's piling up on the docks as the bulk cargoes crisis hits home.
1993 2.5 Scrap value for old 310 crew bus? - Simon
Unfotunately scrap values have almost hit rock bottom again after the recent boom so now is not such a good time to weigh anything in, but I appreciate needs must.

At the moment the local scrappies are paying only around £30 per ton for car scrap, where as during the recent peak it was possible to get £150 per ton. Don't forget that they also charge you for however many tyres that you leave on the vehicle and this will probably be a few £'s per tyre.

Don't expect to come away with much.
1993 2.5 Scrap value for old 310 crew bus? - ozvaldinho
Thanks guys! I'll try Gumtree first.