2002 2.2hdi Engine anti-pollution system defective - piper2hire
My 607 2.2 hdi is displaying esp/asr defective followed by engine anti-pollution system defective. We have tried replacing the ECB, Filling the additive, Re-setting the level for the additive and still no joy. The fault will come on 3 to 4 days after having the ecu codes cleared and will then stay on for a random period of time before turning the engine management light off itself. The enginerecently blew up and was replaced at which time we changed clutch, flywheel and got a recharged FAP from peugeot. I'm pulling whats left of my hair out now as we seem to have tried everything and the garage bill is mounting.
2002 2.2hdi Engine anti-pollution system defective - Armitage Shanks {p}
Back to the people who replaced the engine I would have thought. Was there no warranty or fitness for purpose implied with the work? There must be a warranty on the Peugeot supplied FAP surely?
2002 2.2hdi Engine anti-pollution system defective - Screwloose

What are you calling the ECB? "A-P system" warnings can cover almost anything.

Additive/FAP faults won't affect the ESP - have you read the ABS codes?

What exact code numbers are you getting from the engine ECU?
2002 2.2hdi Engine anti-pollution system defective - dieselnut
I don't want to contradict Screwloose as he is a very knowlegable chap, but in my short ownership of a 2002 C5 2.2HDI, I had similar problems.
The FAP had reached the end of its life & whenever I had the Anti-polution Fault that triggered Limp Home mode, I always also got the ESP/ASR defective alarm.
I assumed it was that the engine was no longer producing enough power to make these systems totally effective.
Once the FAP had been cleaned out I had no further problems but by then I had grown to loath the car due to its poor fuel consumption & poor performance.
That was the end of my 28 year love afair with all things Citroen.
2002 2.2hdi Engine anti-pollution system defective - Screwloose
dieselnut

Fair dos; you are the man to know - and I'll never put anything past Citroen. I couldn't see the link between ESP and engine power as, essentially, it's a brake-related system.

Thinking about it though - it is French, so....

Once we get some firm data; things may become clearer - or not, as the case may be....
2002 2.2hdi Engine anti-pollution system defective - tryitfirst

Had the same anti pollution light come up on my Peugeot 607 2.2 diesel. Dealers quoted £60 just to diagnose the fault, never mind repair it!

Got home, stripped off the covers to all the electrics and the fuse box, squirted with WD40 and then put in fuel additive to clean up the sensors.

Light went off after two miles driving, and has stayed off.

Worth a try before laying out cash at a garage?