2002 2.0 110 hdi lack of power - colin882
hi to all and thanks in advance for your replys.

i've got a 307 hdi 110 52 reg, and its not got much power like the turbos not kicking i need your help, i've checked all the inter cooler pipes and also checked the turbo at a big struggle!! and they all seem fine. and today when the misses went to drive it, it went into limp home mode but the engine light didnt come on which was strange, she turned it on and off 3 or 4 times and away it went again. we had it in about 2weeks ago to have the fuel addative reset and the bloke said there were some codes in it which were 1435, 1442, 1446 which wouldn clear. any help would be v much apperciated.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 26/10/2008 at 18:18

2002 2.0 110 hdi lack of power - Screwloose

Blocked FAP comes to mind; was it driven without additive? If so; you'll have to change the FAP and the differential pressure sensor.

P1435 has 5 additive-system-related sub-codes; all will stop FAP re-generation taking place.

P1442 is another additive ECU code - as is the "additive low" P1446. Clearly the complex additive replacement procedure wasn't fully completed and it isn't ever going to work like that.

Get P1435 investigated and repair the indicated fault [might be a cap-sensor issue.] The additive level will not reset until that is done. It may need a new additive ECU as a last resort.

thanks for your reply screwloose.

now u mention it the wife did mention that the bloke said something bout the fuel cap sensor when she picked the car up from the garage,

i've had the fap off and steam cleaned out bout a month ago so know thats not blocked, could it still need a differential pressure sensor?

thanks again

I hope you took the necessary precautions and disposed of the wash-out correctly; it's classified as toxic waste - about £100 a time to take away. [Why do you think garages always fit a re-con unit.]

If the additive is left to run out and the FAP blocks up, then washing rarely works anyway. The back pressure cooks the DPS - if the water doesn't get it first. Check it's readings in live-data.

As the additive system is non-functional; it's quite likely that the FAP's blocked-up again.
would all this cause the car to go into limp mode?

None of those three - which are additive ECU codes - have limp-ability.

Are you in limp - light on - or just exhaust restriction preventing the turbo working properly?
the lights not on, but like i said if u turn the car on and off a few times it then works again?