Certificate of motor insurance question - twin_peeks
This maybe a daft question, but I have to answer it to put my mind at ease. My insurers provided my with a temporary cert. of insurance for a month when I first joined them which became a full cert when it ran it's course. The problem is they haven't sent the full certificate to me. They said they did but I have their correspondence letter with the date they sent it and they only gave me two policy schedules.

My question is will this legally allow me to drive? I have the policy with them but no certificate if I was required to produce it (they are sending one in the post).

Edited by Pugugly on 25/10/2008 at 22:31

Certificate of motor insurance question - Pugugly
You are probably covered if you have paid your premium in full or entered into a credit agreement to make monthly payments. The problem you've got is that there is a possibility you nor your car is likely to to appear on the MIB - which means the Police may very well seize it if its pinged by an ANPR car or an Officer checks it manually. Trawl this forum, there are a number of threads on here. You can check the MIB database yourself - just Google it.
Certificate of motor insurance question - 1400ted
Hi,
There shouldn't be a problem driving , if your insurers are sending you a certificate then they have obviously insured you.
If you are asked by the police to produce your certificate then you have 5 days to do this and in any case your insurers should have put your details on the police database which they can check from the reg. no. of your car
Happy motoring
Ted
Certificate of motor insurance question - Bromptonaut
Check the database www.askmid.com/ NOW.