1997 1.9 td lost car keys - tibby303
ive lost the key to my galaxy whats my best option as ive heard with these having vw engines it wont be as staight forward. do i take door lock of then take it to for for code and get a new key cut or will i be able to put a used ignition barrel from the scrapyard from a galaxy staight on or will it need codes etc any help is much apprieciated thanks
1997 1.9 td lost car keys - Screwloose

The dealer's computer should have details of the key number. You may [with all the right evidence] just be able to order a replacement key fitted with a chip that's pre-coded to your immobilizer. If not; then the new key's chip code will have to be entered into the immob box.

Or an auto-locksmith might be able to help. As these are only Immob-1; it's possible to extract the SKC code from the immob box with the right equipment.
thanks for the reply screwloose, how will i find out were my car was originaly sold from im the 5th owner. mine wasnt a remote key either and it had no buttons on if that makes sense and my doors were open so i can get in the car obviously it dont help but saves breaking in lol
1997 1.9 td lost car keys - Screwloose

Any dealer should be able to access the Ford central database that should hold the build data for your car.
ok cheers ill pop in my local dealer first thing thanks again
1997 1.9 td lost car keys - mmigliac
8< SNIP

Advert removed. If you wish to have your website promoted on these pages then see www.honestjohn.co.uk/advertise/ads.htm for further info.

Alternately HJ *may* well include your website in the 'Useful websites' directory if you email him the details.

DD.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 05/01/2009 at 12:49