insurance claim query? - zookeeper
hi room , i had my car stolen last friday night i reported it to the police on saturday morning , they found the car about a half of a mile away from my house that afternoon and they took it away on a low loader for finger printing ( they arrested a load of youths in the area that same evening for a spree of car theft) when they found my car they rang me and i met up with them , i wasnt allowed to touch my car but judging by it they prized the driver window down to gain entry and then smashed the steering lock off and hot wired the ignition, is this worthy of a claim against theft ie third party fire and theft or do they only pay out if the car is never seen again or if its torched?.. thanks, zoo
insurance claim query? - martint123
Read your policy, but mine says damage from theft or attempted theft is covered.

However, get prices and work out how much NCD and Excess you will have to pay compared to the repair price.

You should still inform your insurer whatever you decide.

(I've worked it out that with a car and two bikes, any claim less than around £1000 isn't worth claiming).
insurance claim query? - Chris S
A similar thing happened to me with a TPFT policy. I didn't get anything because the vehicle had been recovered but my premium went up because of the theft.