US Car Hire..Yaris vs Mustang - legacylad
I have just returned from sunny northern California after a late summer holiday with my GF, and decided to 'haggle' with the car hire companies whilst in SF rather than pre book.
My CA friends informed me that Prius rental charges had increased substantially this year (although they got a good deal on one for me in May), although petrol is now down to $3.50 from a high around $4.00 earlier this year.
An almost new Mustang convertible (we compromised and went for the 4.0 V6 rather than the big block V8)cost us $499 per week + $7 CDW daily...a Yaris (albeit with a smaller engine) was offered at $299 per week.
Being late in the tourist season such deals abound, and by all accounts this was nothing special.
Should any BR's be contemplating a trip to this part of the world, then I recommend the experience, although next time we shall hire the V8.
US Car Hire..Yaris vs Mustang - DavidHM
I have just reverse parked a 3.5 litre Impala into a space that really seems more suited to a Yaris - been driving around in DC and really there are some fantastic deals.

I got mine through Holiday Autos - the car is horrible, of course, but I like it because it puts me into a mindset of imagining that this is the best car in the world for me and that makes me feel more well, American.
US Car Hire..Yaris vs Mustang - jc2
The last time I got a hire car in the States it was a Chevrolet but not built in the USA-it was built in Canada!