2001 1.8 Cutting out/hesistation maybe fuel pump? - crneo
Will give a background in case that helps of other problems that may be related.

Previously the car would occasionally lose power when low on fuel (below 1/4 tank near the low fuel light) you would notice it when revving just above 4k or when you went round a corner fast she would cut out.

The other day on about 1/2 a tank it felt like it was stuttering/hunting a little when you tried to put your foot down but only slight. Was on way to get shopping, when I got near the store it was starting to get worse... but thought ah well.. did shopping got back to the car and she wouldn't start.

Green flag came out, took off the pipe going to the air filter housing and sprayed something into the air filter housing and also in the other end through MAF towards throttle body. It started again and ticked over ok and I manged to get her home but still very rough no EMLs or anything tho. Dude reckoned it was the MAF and suggested I clean it...

Cleaned MAF.. no difference.. car will start.. sometimes will tick over ok but as soon as you put it in gear and give it ANY juice at all even the slightest it will just hunt and cut out. If you are very very gentle with the throttle it will sometimes move.

Changed MAF for known good MAF off my dad's 1.8... still the same so I suppose that rules out MAF.

Now car doesn't want to start at all

Not really sure where do go yet... the green flag guy said he didn't think it was the fuel pump as he reckoned it would either work or not and wouldn't even tick over if the pump was gone?

Can anyone give me any ideas?? I'm quite stuck now and can't even get it to a garage.

Other possibles I've been thinking of myself are ignition coil/catalyst collapsed/fuel pump.

If it is the fuel pump (which seems like worst case senario) does anyone know how to change it?
2001 1.8 Cutting out/hesistation maybe fuel pump? - Pugugly
petrol/diesel ?
2001 1.8 Cutting out/hesistation maybe fuel pump? - Viz
I have a similar problem on my 2001 1.8 petrol Focus. It has 117k miles.
Sometimes it starts but won't stay started unless I keep my foot on the accelerator pedal slightly. And then when driving it may cut out when slowing down or stopping.
I found using super unleaded every other full tank helps.

Although sometimes the engine now feels like it wants to cut out ( hasn't yet) when idle even though it has warmed up.

Try super unleaded.
2001 1.8 Cutting out/hesistation maybe fuel pump? - jc2
But not if it's a diesel!!!!