Road handling with low profile tyres - ph1955
I am pleased with my new Mondeo 2.0 diesel estate, but the only issue I have is, with the sports pack and low profile tyres, the handling sometimes seems difficult. The car sometimes, but not always, pulls to the left when slowing down, but this depends on the road, surface, camber etc. It may even pull to the right if in the centre of the road. Is this a feature of having ow profile tyres? Or is there something else atht should be checked out?
Road handling with low profile tyres - tr7v8
Yup it's called tramilining & the tyrees follow ruts or bumps in the road. Some tyres make it worse than others. Also lower profile tyres are much more sensitive to tyre pressures.

My new S-Type is a Sport & is on lower profiles than the previous one which was an SE & exhibits the same habit, better turn in & roadholding though!
Road handling with low profile tyres - J1mbo
Yep, I have the same sort of thing on my Mazda 6, when pulling away or stopping. If I don't have a strong grip on the wheel, sometimes it pulls one way or the other. Its def the camber of the road that does it.

I also noticed that the outer edge of the near side tyres wear more, cos of the right hand turns on mini round abouts no doubt. My offside tyres are perfectly even, I also rotate my wheels. I tend to put a couple of psi more in the tyres.
Road handling with low profile tyres - morellomax
I found the same thing with my S-Max, which is just a taller body on the same chassis. I've experimented with 16, 17 and 18 inch wheels.

You could try swapping to 16" wheels, which will keep 99% of the Mondeo's great handling but eliminate the tramlining, give a great positive centring feel to the steering, reduce road noise, improve your mpg, cure all fear of kerbs and probably allow you to make a tidy profit when you flog the 18's on ebay. The 16s don't look as good, but in every other way they're a winner.
Road handling with low profile tyres - BenG
I had a similar thing on a company pool car, an Avensis diesel on 17s. Checked the tyre pressure and it was low (30psi). Topped them up to recommended 35psi and it stopped doing it.

The camber of the road is usually sloping towards the kerb, so if the car tramlines that would explain why it usually pulls to the left under braking. Low profile tyres are known for increased tramlining.
Road handling with low profile tyres - BikeBoy
What options are available? Are there any look up tables to see what wheels/tyres can be used.

I have 235//45/17 on 71/2*17 rims, what alternatives do I have?
BB
Road handling with low profile tyres - prm72
I had a similar thing on a company pool car an Avensis diesel on 17s.
Checked the tyre pressure and it was low (30psi). Topped them up to recommended 35psi
and it stopped doing it.
The camber of the road is usually sloping towards the kerb so if the car
tramlines that would explain why it usually pulls to the left under braking. Low profile
tyres are known for increased tramlining.

I agree, put an extra 4psi in and it will eliminate the tramlining, get better mpg and steerings lighter
Road handling with low profile tyres - jaffa
My wife has a Mini Cooper s with low profile tyres, and has the same depending on the camber of the road. I thought when I first drove it something was wrong, however it is only apparent on our poorly maintained local roads at low speed.