03 1.6 hesitating under acceleration - richadam
I'm having a problem with my Elantra as it is hesitating or "bogging down" under acceleration. It seems to mainly happen at low revs (under 2,000 rpm), and usually when I'm trying to pull out of a junction etc.

I took the car to my local dealer and they checked the management system which logged a fault with the oxygen sensor. This was changed but the problem has continued - does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be - I don't really want my local garage to keep changing parts until they find the right one!

Thanks

Edited by Pugugly on 14/09/2008 at 19:58

03 1.6 Hesitating Under Acceleration - jase1
Is it still under warranty? If so I'd be tempted to let them continue to change parts for a while longer ;)

Don't think you'll get a concrete answer to the nature of the problem on here, just a list of possibles.
03 1.6 Hesitating Under Acceleration - richadam
Unfortunately the Warranty ran out 6 months ago (as you'd expect - car has been no trouble in the past and I've had it since new!)

I expect there could be a number of possibilities but if there are any suggestions and simple ways to check that would still be helpful!
03 1.6 hesitating under acceleration - Screwloose

The oxygen sensor has no function in pulling out of a junction; that's mainly a combination of the throttle position sensor, the MAP sensor and the coolant temp sensor.

Ignition faults like HT leads and plugs are also very relevant.

What was the exact code number?
03 1.6 hesitating under acceleration - richadam
Unfortunately the garage did not tell me what the exact fault code was - all that the invoice says is fault registered with Manifold Oxygen Sensor.

I'm not that familiar with the terminology - what is a MAP sensor?

Many Thanks
03 1.6 hesitating under acceleration - Screwloose

Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor - actually measures vacuum. The most significant mixture sensor.