01 1.25 Zetec clutch issues - Samuthnbs
My girlfriend recently bought a Fiesta as her first car. It all worked fine but one day it refused to go in to gear.
Basically the biting point of the clutch was through the floor so we replaced the master cylinder (which was pretty messy and broken) and bled the clutch thoroughly. After a slight crunch to get it in to reverse the car drove normally in all gears.
It was then left to sit for 24 hours and now it's back to square one.
When put in to reverse it crunches and you have to force it and when it's there it makes a rather nasty whining noise.
The forward gears are all the same except they have more of a rattly flappy sound to them.
All gears are accessible when the engine is turned off.

Any ideas?
Thank you for your help, this is her first car and she passed her test today only to find that her car is still broken after we fixed it. As you can imagine she's pretty upset and so am I.
Thanks in advance, Sam.

Edited by Pugugly on 03/09/2008 at 21:47

01 1.25 Zetec clutch issues - ChicksFan
Did you check the clutch slave cylinder?
01 1.25 Zetec clutch issues - Samuthnbs
Unfortunately I cannot check this as it's hidden deep within the clutch assembly and I lack the required equipment to get at it :(

So it looks like it's a garage jobby? :(
01 1.25 Zetec clutch issues - zookeeper
needs a new clutch by the sounds of it, you can replace master cylinders till the cows come home wont make a blind difference, £150 -200 should sort it