Becker Mexico (2330) radio question ? - MartinVF
Hello All ,

I wish to update my old radio to a quality RDS one.

The Becker radios always get a good review , have a simple intuitive layout and do not have the Las Vegas style flashing lights that most car radios now have.

However they are very expensive : £500 upwards.

I have been offered a used Becker Mexico 2330 by a chap in Germany but I cannot find any detail of the 'spec on the Becker site.

The 2330 may be an older radio but that worries me not as long as it does the job.

Can anyone point me to any details and also any comments about Becker and other quality radio cassettes are very welcome.

My requirements are a simple easy layout,RDS ,two tuners so the radio automaticaly retunes itself as the car changes transmitter areas, and a cassette for my book tapes.

The Becker appears to be the only radio with two tuners but someone may be able to tell me of others.

Thanks for reading this

Martin
Becker Mexico (2330) radio question ? - Humpy
I think that I'm right in saying that any radio with RDS and an AF (alternative frequency) function retunes itself automatically. My Sony MD set certainly does. Any Sony deck with cassette will have the same function. They cost about £100 from unbeatable.co.uk or anyother retail site probably. They are simple also. Why do you want to spend £500? You could get DAB for that although only with CD probably.
Thanks Humpty,

Perhaps I did not express myself fully.

I just want a simple (but very high quality ) cassette /RDS/radio.

My pal just had his old radio nicked and the insurance company have provided a Sony for £100+ that does everything one can ask for including a display that puts Las Veges to shame.

I watched it last week as we drove along with the radio in the off position. It continued to remind us in various vivid colours of all its features.

All I want is a simple passive radio/cassette that just sits there until required.

A round knob that adjusts the volume control plus buttons for Radio4 etc is quite suffient thank you.

If the RDS provides a dual tuner as standard ,fine. That is something I was not aware of.

However all the flashy Japanese sets at the local car audio shop are just not what I desire.

Thanks You Humpty for your imput

Martin

Becker Mexico (2330) radio question ? - Speedster
www.mobiletoys.co.uk
Becker mexico PRO CD 4627 £ 485.99 inc VAT & Delivery
Becker Mexico (2330) radio question ? - luthiensdad
I also have a fellow in Germany willing to sell me one of these-cosmetically it's identical to the newer model(2340) and I don't really know what the difference(s) are.I do know this isn't a very old model at all. this chart has some specs: www.rds.org.uk/receivers/beckerc.htm
let me know if you've found anything else,thanks

Hi,

The German chappie ( Frank Hansel )promised to send me a photo and some detail but I have not yet heard from him.

He wants about £100 uk. I got his email as he was advertising used Beckers on the US Ebay . The US models do not use RDS.

I think one of the differences is the later models have a rotary volume control whereas the older ones have an up & down switch

I suspect he has some trade or factory connection as the model are not the latest but at that price I am not bothered.

Becker have told me that model will work ok in the UK.

As the current model is £500+ even when discounted the German connection is worth considering.

Let me know if we are sharing the same seller.

Martin
Yup,same seller-wants $150 USD which I guess is roughly equivalent to your L100--what,by the way IS the new model(2340?)
I thought the US models had RDS also (I know my cd deck,a Blaupunkt "Casablanca",does...)anyway...thanks for the info,erik

Yup,same seller-wants $150 USD which I guess is roughly equivalent to your L100--what,by the way IS the new model(2340?)
I thought the US models had RDS also (I know my cd deck,a Blaupunkt "Casablanca",does...)anyway...thanks for the info,erik

Hi again,

The latest Becker Mexico pro (4527 cassette ,4627 CD ) have two round knobs for volume and OK/select rather than the up/down switch type.

I am not an expert but I thought that the US did not enjoy RDS transmissions. There are also some minor variations on the wave lengths also. Best to check if you are buying for the US market.

There is a Becker US forum and FAQ's at

www.beckerautosound.com/

where you will get more expert advice than I can give.

Good luck

Martin