01 2.0 Emissions light & ABS light on - robbo123
Hi all,
My engine emissions light came on as well as the ABS light. It was plugged in and the fault codes stated that the front lambda probe was faulty and the n/s front abs sensor was faulty. Both have been replaced, however the ABS light couldn't be extinguised - possibly due to a break in the wire somewhere. When I drove out of the garage the cat converter broke up so was replaced also! The car has been driven for about 50 miles and the emissions light has come back on again! Whats happening here?

It looks like someones tinkered with the engine before me, running a variable fuel manifold and theres a pipe from the small motor for cooling exhaust gases running into the air filter?

Also the brakes judder when you're at high speed - it runs smoothly and good when idle when you press the brakes at high speed you feel juddering through the steering wheel. I've now been told that it's possible that the discs are worn and it'll need new pads & discs - this might also solve the abs problem as the juddering might be sending false signals to the new sensor.

Please help!
01 2.0 Emissions light & ABS light on - Screwloose
and the fault codes stated that the front lambda probe was faulty

No they didn't - no such code exists among the 30-or-so O 2 sensor codes.

the ABS light couldn't be extinguised - possibly due to a break in the wire somewhere.

Or incorrect fitting! How hard is it for them to measure the sensor's resistance from the ABS module?
Whats happening here?

Totally incompetent garage at work! They're having a laugh at you.
It looks like someones tinkered with the engine before me running a variable fuel manifold
and theres a pipe from the small motor for cooling exhaust gases running into the

air filter?

Normal for some of the engines used on this year - what's the 3-letter engine code?
I've now been told that it's possible that the discs are worn and
it'll need new pads & discs - this might also solve the abs problem as
the juddering might be sending false signals to the new sensor.

They really said that??
01 2.0 Emissions light & ABS light on - robbo123
Hmmm, so it seems - strange because it garage I used are the local independant VW garage who have a good reputation but there's always a first time.

Whats bringing on the emissions light if both the lambda and cat converter have been replaced?

Why do I get brake judder through the steering wheel - is that a sensor problem or pads/discs?

I don't know where to find the engine code - It's registered in November 2001 and is the 2.0 GTI petrol model.