Golf GTD - dieselfreak
I am about to buy a MK 2 Golf GTD, having just scrappped a Golf MK 2 TD CL, it all looks a bit different under the bonnet, anyone got any tips on ownership, advice or warnings, any info would help. Can I get a Haynes manual for this car, any idea how many came to UK, like I say any ifo would be helpful. Thanks

Dieselfreak
Golf GTD - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
I had a Mark II GTD from new; think it was one of the first to UK spec as it was a factory order. I paid for a rev counter as an extra before they became standard so that probably dates it. 1990?
Grey metallic paint.
Recall I got around 54 mpg and it was pretty rapid in a straight line.Reason I got rid of it, after a year, was that the non-power steering was impossibly heavy and caused me shoulder pain. Also a very slow turn in to corners and then you usually had to back off a bit of lock when half way around a tight bend -if pushing it. Weird.
Mark III GL TD is a better bet all round - apart from the alarming lift- off oversteer in tight , bumpy bends.Get the GL as it has anti-roll bars unlike the CL.
Agree Mark II is a better looker.
Golf GTD - dieselfreak
Thanks for the tip, rightly or wrongly I have set my heart on this GTD
Golf GTD - Pugugly {P}
Yes there is a Haynes.....

http//www.haynes.co.uk
Golf GTD - Phil G
Can I ask how much? Whenever I see them they are going for sill money for what is a 10 year old car - usually £2000 plus.