2004 1.8 Exhaust Mounts rusted through - Ian71
My Vectra failed its MOT (again - 2 years on the trot!) becasue one of the exhaust mounts for the rear section had rusted though and is completely missing. The other one does not look ike it has too much life left in it and the one just ahead of the rear axle looks pretty ropey too. My car is the estate version, not that I beleive this makes any difference.

by Vauxhal dealer wants £150 to fix it. The repair looks like I need a whole new rear section of exhaust which otherwise looks OK. I was quite shocked to see such corrosion on a 4 year old car.

Is this common, and does this sound like a fair price?

Thank you!
2004 1.8 Exhaust Mounts rusted through - Chris M
I believe the brackets on your Vectra are metal rods welded to the exhaust so, if the exhaust itself is sound, I'd pay a visit to a local exhaust fitting centre and see if they can fix you up with a bolt on bracket from another vehicle. I'm not sure, but I would guess that as long as the exhaust is secure, it won't fail an MOT because you don't have the correct fitting.
2004 1.8 Exhaust Mounts rusted through - Collos25
Common fault with all vectras get someone to weld a new bracket on it will last another good few years.