96 1.4 where is the reverse light switch? - golf3driver
help me, my golf has no reverse lights, which makes it difficult to reverse out of shopping car park spaces, and dont know where the switch is located to change it......pls help

Edited by Pugugly on 15/08/2008 at 21:59

96 1.4 where is the reverse light switch? - George Porge
Its under the bonnet on the gearbox casing and will have 2 wires going to it

HTH ;o)
96 1.4 fusebox diagram. - golf3driver
I have a golf mk 3 1.4 and i m having a problem getting the reverse lights to work, i have changed the reverse switch, i have no fusebox cover and was wondering if someone would enlighten me as to which fuse should be for the reverse lights?

slt - DON'T SHOUT - also moved from a standalone post to the earlier, existing post by the OP

Edited by Pugugly on 16/08/2008 at 22:50

96 1.4 fusebox diagram. - Screwloose

Try fuse 14.
are they any common problems i should be aware about for reveerse lights not working?
96 1.4 fusebox diagram. - Peter D
Yes the cable is prone to fracture in the first 10cm from the switch or in fact in the top of the connector due to corrosion. Regards Peter
so what would be the proposed solution?
96 1.4 fusebox diagram. - Peter D
Lift the bonnet and check it out. Regards Peter
yep, 1 wire was loose in the connector and had come away about 4 cm so i put the wires bck together with some electrical tape, but still no reveerse reverse lights?

Edited by Pugugly on 17/08/2008 at 10:28

96 1.4 fusebox diagram. - George Porge
Buy a 12V electrical tester from a motorist store and probe the circuit to find where the break is. I presume you've tested the bulbs?
96 1.4 fusebox diagram. - mfarrow
so i put the wires bck together with some electrical tape but still no reverse

Insulation tape is never as good as solder - you need to do a solid repair.

Presumably Peter there is a repair jumper assembly available or at least the connectors?
96 1.4 fusebox diagram. - maltrap
From your replies golf3driver i think you should take your car to an auto-electrician.