Turning circle? As bad as Alfa 164? - The_Flexible_Flaw
Hi,

I have the funds and garage space for a hobby car. I have considered an Alfa 164 but I have remembered that they have a very poor turning circle which will make getting it into my garage difficult. I have two car widths of room (13-14 feet) in front of the garage door in which I have to turn the car through 90s degrees.

Sometimes I have managed to reverse downhill (the easiest way of doing it) in one sweep in an Audi 100, and got an A4 B6 out with a pause, reverse and steering correction driving out.

Does the SAAB 9000 have the same poor turning circle as the Alfa 164?

They are both Type 4 cars along with the Fiat Croma and Lancia Thema, but I know that the Alfa had different front suspension to give it a lower, more sweeping bonnet line.

I did register on a SAAB forum to ask, but it was not obvious me to me how to start a new thread, so I thought I'd ask here.

Edited by Pugugly on 09/08/2008 at 20:18

SAAB 9000 Turning Circle? As bad as Alfa 164? - adverse camber
www.saabmuseum.com/9000/techspec.html
gives Turning Circle 11.56m/37'11"

I used to have one and I don't remember it as being particularly poor
SAAB 9000 Turning Circle? As bad as Alfa 164? - 659FBE
When I had my "proper" SAAB, my brother in law had a 9000 which I used to borrow sometimes.

Whilst I remember being distinctly unimpressed with the performance (too heavy) I can't remember any difficulties with the turning circle. I sometimes had it here at home - admittedly I have a large yard but I would be instantly aware of a restricted lock in familiar surroundings.