04 1.6 Sat Nav DVD - cashmasterp
Hi, I have just bought a Honda Civic 1.6 Executive. This came with the Sat nav unit but the DVD is missing. I have contacted Honda and they say that will cost £200.
Questions:
1. Can I get the DVD cheaper anywhere?
2. How can I find out what make/model the Sat Nav unit is?

thanks

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 28/07/2008 at 19:39

04 1.6 SAT NAV DVD - rtj70
Legally you might not be able to get cheaper. The disk is probably from Teleatlas or Navteq as they are the only ones doing sat nav data but Honda might have their own tweaked version.

You would have a better chance of an answer by posting on a sat nav forum like www.pocketgpsworld.com

Rob
04 1.6 SAT NAV DVD - Dynamic Dave
When I needed an updated one for my Vectra-C, I got a brand new one off ebay for £32. Navteq wanted £105 for the same disc.
04 1.6 Sat Nav DVD - grease monkey
there are loads of honda sat nav dvd discs available on ebay,just make sure you get the most recent disc you can as they are not backwards compatable if you know what i mean.( eg if the car had an 2005 version sat nav disc in originally & then you got an 2004 disc to put in, it wouldnt work without a visit to honda who would have to reconfigure the unit so try to get the most recent disc you can )the sat nav unit it self is made by alpine electronics.
thank you everybody for your replies, as for the make of the sat nav unit, do i have to make sure that the dvd i get is a particular version, or is it just a case of as long as the dvd i get is newer than the car (04 on a 54 plate) that should be ok??
also, there seems to be two alternatives, teleatlas and navteq, how can i find out which one do i need..
04 1.6 Sat Nav DVD - Dynamic Dave
Was this a private sale?

If not, then it really is the garage's responsibility to sort out.

As Honda have told you the disc will cost £200, they are aware which one you need, so therefore would they be willing to divulge further information? A friendly chat with the guy at the parts counter might help.
this was not a private sale but it was bought with the knowledge that the DVD was missing. I thought I could get the DVD from honda, but did not realise it would cost so much.

Also I can probable live without the sat nav but the problem is the screen has a constant message on it saying something like "Please insert MAP DVD...". With this on there I cannot use any of the Audio controls apart from play CD's and the radio. I cannot change the time, audio settings etc..