92 1.4 Welding costs - JJJ
My K reg Fiesta has just failed its MOT due to corrosion on the seat belt anchorage.

Obviously I need to get this fixed to get back on the road.

any ideas of cost for the welding and cheapest way to get this done, whether a welder or garage? not sure what to expect.

92 1.4 Welding costs - corblimeyguvnar
Yellow Pages, think it would be under welding services, or try the tinternet.
Just have to phone a few numbers you find and ask if they can do it, or maybe ask around your mates if they have any recommendations?
If you are in the New Forest area I can recommend an excellent small place that I use.

Cheers
CBG
92 1.4 Welding costs - zookeeper
i had a similar problem a year or so ago, any corrosion within 300mm of seat belt anchorage is a fail, a local indy should be able to sort it out for about an hours work.... roughly £60 in my opinion
92 1.4 Welding costs - steveo3002
try some bodyshops too

would lower the costs if you are able to remove the carpets and trim around the rust
92 1.4 Welding costs - Number_Cruncher
>>any ideas of cost for the welding

There's no way to get costs for welding without having a look, a tap, and a prod.

You always need to replace more metal than you think, because, wleding to anything less than good metal is both difficult, and structuarally, is folly. Sometimes, on a car of this age, you will find you have to go a long way to find sound metal!

92 1.4 Welding costs - jc2
Best to get it done by the MoT place or someone they recommend;at least,it won't be failed on the welding.