Golf Plus - is this worth going for - Covenant
I've been looking at the Plus. I wanted a diesel SE but round here they are a bit thin on the ground. A local VW dealer offered me 1.6 FSI 07 reg with 6700 on the clock for £10990. I was tempted especially 'cause it had the 6 speed box, but I turned it down. Two weeks later it's on the forecourt for £9790! Is this a good enough price to be tempted. and does anyone have any thoughts on the car in general.
Golf Plus - is this worth going for - scipi
FSI engine has been replaced with the TSI engines which consume less and is more reliable thats probably why its going cheap. Best to get the 1.9 TDI. Also take the vechile for a long test drive, lots of rattles ect.
Thanks for that
I'll keep an eye out for the 1.9
Golf Plus - is this worth going for - hjcoukrocks
I know that one other dealership currently has a "Pack car" like the one we've just bought. It's Leicester VW, brand new (unregistered) 1.9 TDI (105ps) Luna in Diamon Black (pearlescent) for £12,999

If that one's gone do a search on autotrader in the "used car" section for the make/model you want. If it's got 25 miles or less on the clock chances are it's a pack car (especially if being sold by a franchised dealership). These cars are bought direct from VW rather than sold on behalf of VW so the dealer gets a discount. They're probably fleet orders that fell through or overstock.

If you want the Plus, the 1.9 is the way to go for fuel efficiency, and at that price it's a steal.

The other alternative is something like Drive the Deal who have them for about 14,000

I've just spotted your thread HJ (strange - you don't see anything about Golf + then two come along at once!). Some sound advice from scipi and others.
I'm - as usual - a bit strapped for cash, so the + I saw which was a 6 speed 2007 with 6500 miles on the clock for 9700ish sounded quite good, bearing in mind that it still has 18 months VW warranty on it.
I'll report back after the test drive this weekend.

PS. scipc, regarding your comment about shakes and rattles - I currently own an elderly Almera, so anything has be an improvement LOL

Edited by Covenant on 19/07/2008 at 00:58