peage Tags where do i get one? - injection doc
I would appreciate some advice on where to purchase a toll tag for france. I haven't bothered for the last 16 years but it sounds rather appealing. I have gone to various web sites that have appeared on this section before but have been unsucessful in obtaining a tag. I don't have a French bank account & would just like to pay by card. Any advice greatfully recived.
I Doc
peage Tags where do i get one? - Armitage Shanks {p}
Here is one answer - maybe not quite what you are looking for

tinyurl.com/5v5erx

More Googling may turn up something else

peage Tags where do i get one? - JamesH
AS's link should be the one you're after.

The Sanef website is the only one that seems Brit-friendly (they also operate the autoroutes in the north east of France, nearest to us). I have ordered this way and know others have too.

You do have to use a credit card though.
peage Tags where do i get one? - pmh
A battery life of 5 years in my experience is somewhat optimistic. My 2nd one has just failed on its route south after about 2.5years, and the previous one lasted about 3yrs. This results in having to reverse out of the telepeage only lane, much to the frustration of the cars queued up behind. I made a point of waving the failed device out of the window to avoid the obvious conclusion by somewhat annoyed queue that the idiot rostbif has entered the wrong lane.........

The best tip I can give is that you get a telepeage from the area that you will be travelling in most during daytime (somewhat restricted) 'french' office hours. My failed Sanef unit has travelled about 15000 k up and down France in the remote hope that when I pass the Boulogne office that it will be open! I will report on the ASF office opening hours later this month.

By the way, if the unit does fail, they resort to the high technology solution of manually scanning the barcode on the back of the unit at the toll booth. Some smaller booths have to input the code manually, with a consequent delay when they repeatedly misskey. What happens at the overnight unattended toll stations I do not know. I suppose that you can sleep there until the morning!

pmh
peage Tags where do i get one? - ijws15
I intend to get one for our trip in October

To avoid the battery problem i suppose I could cancel the contract in two years and then apply for another one.

How do the French avoid this problem?
Correction - my current ASF battery has only lasted 23 months!

Look at his thread for further info
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=44448&...f

pmh
Last week I travelled N using the Paris route as an experiment - 20 miles shorter to Dunkirk, and did not slow below 50 mph all the way thro Paris. However I think I was lucky, if the traffic in the reverse direction was a guide to possible problems.

At one of the Peages, (I cannot remember if S or N of Paris) there was a 30?km/h Telepeage only lane. The car in front failed to get thro so I had to reverse out and did not get the chance to try. Does anybody know if these use the standard transponder or if you require a preium device??????

pmh
peage Tags where do i get one? - Alby Back
I always keep a credit card in the car for "car expenses". All fuel, tolls etc go on this card. Everything else goes on the one in my wallet. Never been remarkably delayed at a peage when using card payment. I take the view that even if there was a security issue with the card I always have the other one as backup. Unless I lived in France I wouldn't bother with a peage tag.