98 2.5 alarm advice - corax
Hi, my car has been at the local garage waiting for a reconditioned propshaft, and my mechanic locked the car with the key rather than the keyfob, assuming this would lock the car without arming the alarm, as he was on holiday for a week. 3 weeks later, I unlocked the car and the alarm sounded, and the battery's fairly flat. Is there any way of locking the car without setting the alarm, or how can I disable it, as it just drains the battery when left for a few weeks.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 08/07/2008 at 19:52

98 2.5 alarm advice - hitcho
is it 3 or 5 door
its a 5 door touring
98 2.5 alarm advice - hitcho
have you tried opening the drivers door then reaching into the back and manually lock the rear door this should lock them all with the central locking system then shut the drivers door and they all should be locked then ,and no alarm set then just use the key to open it.
i don't know how you can lock the car with the drivers door still open, but thanks, i'll try that tomorrow. I hate alarms, its well known that it runs the battery down on e36's after a few weeks. What happens if you leave the car parked and go on holiday for a few weeks, then come back to find the battery flat? The only answer is one of those solar trickle charge gadgets, personally I'd rather just lock the car without the alarm, everyone ignores them anyway!