2007 2.0 petrol - excessive engine noise? - jonster
I have just bought a Peugeot 307 CC which is on an 07 plate its a 2.0 and the smaller engine I think the 140bhp one. However I'm a little worried that the engine noise is quite apparent. I took it back to the dealership who explained about the tick over is normal and i've been told its sounds okay. Sometimes it sounds a little dieseley on start up and my car is actually a petrol. I have also noticed in wet/dam or cold conditions there is more engine noise. Is this right for a 307 cc engine?

If anyone has a 1 year old one please advise, my friends and family have mentioned it should run smoothly and quietly. This seems to be so on a standard day and barely noticeable inside the cabin. Then I have also read lots of reviews that mention engine noise so I am in two minds what to believe.

thanks!

{amendment to subject header to give brief details of the question being asked and therefore make less vague}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 26/06/2008 at 02:09

2007 2.0 petrol - excessive engine noise? - perleman
y friend has the same model on a 55 plate. Very quiet. I'm not familiar with the model but might be tappetss... and have you checked the oil (!!)?
2007 2.0 petrol - excessive engine noise? - jonster
Hi, thanks for the reply .. the oild says ok on it when I start up.. the dealership insisted that they wouldnt have sold me it in a less than happy state. Hmm Im driving over to another Dealership of Peugeot and like a complete tool I will ask them if this sounds correct to them. Asside from this I have 1 year of the Manufacturers Warranty left as well

s14.photobucket.com/albums/a350/Jonster24/?action=...g