2002 2.0 problem with starting - markie369
hi i have a peugeot 307 sw 2.0 hdi on a 52 plate, the problems i am having is that when you try to start the car it seems to turn over for about 10 seconds then it try's to fire up but then it just carry'ies on turning over for a further 10-20 seconds then if lucky it will fire up and run, but have also noticed that if the engine has been run and is up to normal temperature you get the same problem and it can take longer to get going, i have replaced the glowplugs and when cold you do get voltage going to the glowplugs, the engine in the car is the 110bhp. any help would be appreciated many thanks markie369

Edited by Webmaster on 20/06/2008 at 17:09

52 2.0 problem with starting - Screwloose
markie

That sounds awfully like low rail pressure while cranking. Some of the possible reasons for that are not nice.

You'll have to get a competent person to plug in a scanner and watch the live data. Some of the control systems fitted on that year are Bosch - which do have a tank pump; or Siemens - which don't. Knowing which you have is important.
52 2.0 problem with starting - markie369
hi screwloose
thanks for the response i have had a quick glance at mine and it is a bosch system with a pump in the tank, i am booking it in at mates garage to see what the live data says. once again thank you
52 2.0 problem with starting - MikeTorque
It should start almost immediately if the engines healthy and the fuel is good. If the glow plugs are working do you know if fuel coming out the jets as it could be a fueling issue ? Has it had any diagnostic tests run over the engine ?

Edited by MikeTorque on 20/06/2008 at 16:51

2002 2.0 problem with starting - jayvee
had similar problem with my 53reg in colder weather and it turned out to be starter motor pulling too many amps and causing havoc with rest of car electrics. fitted new starter and job done!! good luck.