04 1.6 cooling fans - shadyarea
Hi hope someone can help i purchased a 2004 53 plate focus 1.6 petrol yesterday from a car supermarket with 59k miles.This morning when i started up the cooling fans came on i checked to see if aircon was off and it was drove to work as normal temp gauge rose to half had heat in car after about 5 mins.Got to work about 10 mile journey and fans were still running left engine running after about 30seconds fans went off.Left engine running for about 5 mins temp gauge stayed half and fans never came on.Just popped out started up no fans got to destination 8 miles fans are running again this is after a 70mph run.On the way home the fans were on all the way and this time never switched off, when i parked up and left to idle.Is this normal on a focus or do i have a problem so i know when i take it back tomorrow
04 1.6 cooling fans - Screwloose

If the fans came on at a cold start; then you have likely got a problem with the cylinder head temp sensor.

I've seen the fan relays stick on too.
Thanks for the reply screwloose i have something to go on now when i take it back to dealer.
04 1.6 cooling fans - elekie&a/c doctor
Selecting defrost/windscreen on the heater control panel will automatically engage the a/c system even though the a/c indication light does not illuminate.This will cause the cooling fans to run.hth
04 1.6 cooling fans - Dynamic Dave
even though the a/c indication light does not illuminate.

On our 2005 Focus pool cars the AC light comes on when selecting the windscreen.
Update car went in garage on tuesday and had a new cylinder head temp sensor fitted done over a hundred miles since and no fans.A big thanks to screwloose cause garage didnt have a clue until i mentioned it to them.