02 3.0 engine coolant temperature circuit high - bigtamb
hi there my sister has an audi A4 quattro 3.0L V6 52plate the problem is sometimes it turns over but wont start i plugged my diagnostics in and up came P0116 and P0118 it was telling me the engine coolent temp circuit was high also when the engine heated up it would not run properly and the engine was very hot with the fan running all the time.
I bought a temp switch but i couldn,t find where it went all the sensors i found did not match what they gave me unless its the wrong one,does anyone know where its located?,anyone any idea i dont wont to put it into audi for them to empty my bank account just yet.

Edited by Webmaster on 12/06/2008 at 21:53

02 3.0 engine coolent tempreture circuit high - elekie&a/c doctor
On most of the VAG v6 engines the coolant temp sensor is located at the very back of the engine ,near the bulkhead,in a metal coolant pipe.hth
02 3.0 power supply terminal 30 voltage too low - bigtamb
hello again im still having problems with my sisters audi A4 3.0L ive replaced the coolent temp switch after getting a P0116 code but still have starting problems while i had it plugged in the engine started to splutter and cut out at that point i switched the ignition on again and scanned it for a fault code and this is what came up(18010 power supply terminal 30 voltage too low P1602-002 lower limit exceeded) could this be the root of the problem,what does it mean.cheers.

{moves to previous question as related}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 15/06/2008 at 17:07

02 3.0 power supply terminal 30 voltage too low - Screwloose

If I could read it, I might be able to answer it!