1995 1.8 Mileage display failed - Richard Huddleston
Digital mileage display clock has gone out, everything else that worked before still works. Can I get it back on easily? Will it fail / be refuse an MOT? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 02/06/2008 at 14:37

1995 1.8 Mileage display failed - Dynamic Dave
Backlight bulb has blown. Requires a 12 volt 1.2 watt caplesss bulb.

Not an MOT failure.

Here's a how2 on changing it.

Goto homepage.ntlworld.com/cavweb/misc/ and scroll down the list until you find "veccyclo.doc". (It's almost at the bottom of the page). If you haven't got MS Word, it should still open with MS Wordpad. Instructions on how to get the speedo assembly out of the dash. Pay attention to the warning about the airbag light.
1995 1.8 Mileage display failed - Richard Huddleston
Thanks Dave I appreciate that but before I do it are you sure the display has its own backlight bulb, everything else works? Also it's not lcd it's the seventies digital watch-type display, I'd have thought this was self-powered. Sorry to doubt you, I'd try anyway but it's not an easy job as you'll appreciate. Cheers.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 17/06/2008 at 11:49

1995 1.8 Mileage display failed - Dynamic Dave
are you sure the display has its own backlight bulb everything else works?
Also it's not lcd it's the seventies digital watch-type display

Definately has a backlight bulb. If you look carefully, you should still just about to see the display - try shining a torch on it and you will see that it is still there but currently not illuminated from behind.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 17/06/2008 at 11:53