07 2.0 hdi fluid leak driver's side - maximus
I realise the car is still in warranty, but, I'm going abroad next Tuesday and will not have a chance to see a Citroen garage. I saw small stain on driveway today. On investigation it is coming from bodywork/undertray on drivers side about a foot behind front wheel and a foot in from the sill. It doesn't appear to be oil, but then again it's not quite water. My first thoughts were that it may be coolant (which I'm not too worried about as I can keep a check on it) but, the thought just struck me that it may be Eolys.
I also don't think its from A/C as I've had it turned off recently. Also it has no particular smell.Thank you.

Edited by Pugugly on 23/05/2008 at 19:53

07 2.0 hdi fluid leak driver's side - mjm
You have a choice of four fluids making the stain.
1 Engine oil
2 Coolant
3 Brake fluid
4 LHM fluid (brakes and suspension)

You need to check the levels of all 4.

I think the Eolys fluid for the exhaust is stored at the rear but I'm not certain.

If you can see it dripping then in all honesty you really don't have any choice but to get it checked out before you go. It may be worth a phone call to the local dealer first thing tomorrow, they may have someone in the service department working overtime. The car being under warranty should help.

Hope it turns out ok.
Definately not engine oil,brake fluid on max,coolant-quite high not easy to tell!.Where do you check LHM fluid? I don't remember it in the handbook.
07 2.0 hdi fluid leak driver's side - Ben79
It is LDS fluid, not LHM! Major difference!

The LDS reservoir is underneath the cover on the left side of the bonnet.

You have a good litre to lose before minimum level.

Remove the black plastic cover, put the suspension on low. There should be a clear window, on low suspension setting the fluid should be at the top.

Or just let the dealer have a look at it.

Ben
Thank's, removed cover but no clear plastic window, I'll try dealers tomorrow.
Thanks for the replies to this question, I took car to citroen this morning and they say it is water from A/C. Probably the reason it does'nt "feel" like water is because it's running over some underseal before it drips off.
07 2.0 hdi fluid leak driver's side - Pugugly
Sounds like good news - just a wayward thought though, I wonder if its possible to buy PH strips (like they have in school chemistry labs) ? A/C condensation would be PH neutral, I would imagine that other fluids would be alkaline or acid reactors.

I would keep an eye on levels though.
What a good idea I've got loads of p.h. strips (somewhere).I'll try and dig them out.
Found strips-seems to be p.h. 7 (neutral). Thanks Pugugly.
07 2.0 hdi fluid leak driver's side - Pugugly
"Sultana" Brown always said that an O level in Chemistry would come in handy one day.