HDi Pollution fault - black santa
I have a peugeot 307hdi20 style 90 It has 80k on it. You can drive it for a week and the next thing it goes into limp mode, shows up pollution fault and reduced rev to 1500. If i let the car sit for 15 seconds then start it again all warning lights go out, the car will then start and it will
continue to run ok with plenty of power.

I got the diagnoses test done it showed up fault code1355, do you know what could be causing this problem?

I have put additive into the tank 3 times when the car goes into limp mode,
I tried the primer pump and there is plenty of fuel getting to the high
pressure pump. I disconnected each plug of the injectors, she is off
number 2 and 3 injector completely, if you take 1 or 4 injectors off, the
engine stalls. The engine gets a good long run all the time and gets a
good blow out.

I have asked manufactures mechanics and they have not come
across this problem before. Do you know what this fault code1355 is and
have you come across this before?

I would be very greatful for any advise to solving the problem.
>
> william.

Moved over from Discussion and re-formatted slightly to make it more readable

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 05/05/2008 at 20:47

Pollution fault - Screwloose
William

Never, ever, disconnect a common-rail injector with the engine running. If that had been a piezo one [50/50 chance on those] you would have drilled a neat hole in the piston and wrecked the engine.

PSA code P1355 refers to ignition coil D - not something found on a diesel. What tool was that code read with?

What is your engine code and what exact message is on the display?
Pollution fault - black santa
peugeot dealer, recomended this guy to me for dionostic probs on car, all i know it was a hand held type of machine he was using.he told me, the only fault that he could find was,
PIEZO P1355 No2 Injector sencor fault. I will call in and find out ENGINE CODE this week
many thanks William

See if you can confirm that code number; I can't find anything else listed for that code - but PSA have a nasty habit of adding multiple meanings to the same number, so it's not impossible.
Got the full diagnosis done by puegeot. Only fault found was code 1355 which was the ignition coil. They told me they had a problem with this a few years ago with one car. They accidentally spotted a spark under the ecu unit causing the car to go into limp mode. I checked all the wiring from the injectors and sensors right back to the ecu, i couldn't find no faults. I am beginning to believe the fault is in the ecu. My lorry was having the same problem at one stage, cutting out and when you switched the key on and off it run again. We got a lend of a ecu out of a bus and tried it to see if the fault lay there. This solved the problem in the lorry. I am thinking if i am having the same problem with my ecu, do you think i should try another ecu in it and if so does it have to be coded to suite this car?

william
Only fault found was code 1355 which was the ignition coil. They told me they had a problem with this a
few years ago with one car. They accidentally spotted a spark under the ecu unit causing the car to go
into limp mode.

Diesels don't have ignition coils - so what spark they found is a mystery. The injectors are fired at around 80 volts, so maybe a wiring fault; but not an ignition coil one.

A new ECU will need to be adapted to the network by a dealer, or very well-equipped independent. Expect the bill to be nearing £1000, as it rarely goes smoothly.

I'd get the dealer to check with Technical to make sure that a secondary meaning hasn't been added to that code number for these systems. They could also check to see if there is a modified software programme available for your ECU.
peugeot classes 80 volts power unit as a ignition coil 1355.
the spark thay come a cross was a wire rubbing a gain body and earthing putting the car into limp mode.
il go back to peugeot this week let you know how i get on.
william
call in with peugeot this week,technical told me thay dont have the software the way it works i have to leave the car with them thay link it in to there pc and its upgraded by peugoet in france.
one of the mechanic told me he would class the ignition coil the sencor on the injector.
the first diagnoses show up n/o 2 injector censor 1355,i have to find out is the power going to n/o 2 injector,watt im planing to do when the car go in to limp im going to sound the injectors to see if thay r clicking,if the n/o 2 injector is off im going to swop the injector and wait for her to go into limp and sound the injectors again this should tell us if the power is going to injector.
the car has gone fine all week no problem
do you know of n e thing i can tri,

I've done some further research on that code and it is for petrol cars only - it's not even listed as one that a diesel can/should produce. "Ignition coil D - primary circuit fault." All P1300 codes are ignition faults.

Your dealer is talking drivel again; there are no sensors on the injectors. Good luck trying to hear a diesel injector click. A software upgrade sounds a good idea - direct download is now getting very common to keep them in the dealer network.
do you think getting this upgrade is going to solve the problen if there is a fault in the icu.
i have sounded lots of injectors in old vehicle like tractors lorrys cars with a home made sounder and was able to pick the faulty one ,but theses new engines is a pain in the backside?????.
i find the mechanics in peugeot is a lot of 20 year old lads,if the diagnostic cant find the
fault thay r beat,i was telling them i had a petrol diesel engine one time,thay said no such a engine.
well there is,it was fitted into a international tractor WD 40

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 18/05/2008 at 20:46

Pollution fault!! help needed PLEASE!! - flanker
ive had a 2002 307 hdi 110 d-turbo model now for bout 3 months!! bought it with 92K miles on her, drove like a dream for 1st month and a half!! then things went wrong, bush, loose engine mount, hole in exhasut etc etc general wear and tear!! car now has just over 94K on it.. i have had the car remapped to 140bhp, after 1st month and helped it run even better, increased mpg etc..
but have been stumped with latest Anti-pollution fault!! the car now as soon as i start it an unblock diesel filter messag comes on. 2 mins later a warning message saying ABS fault and ESP/ASR not working. IF I GO OVER 50 mph FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME, an anti-pollution fault light comes on in my dash and limits the power in my car (cant rev past 2500 rpm) but only when i go over 50 mph and stays on aftewards for rest of trip!! sometimes stopping and resarting car will get rid of this prob and will work as normal.. mechanic of mine found out that a word saying "particulate fault" was coming up on his comp when he tried to find what was going on. he cleared all the faults but as soon as car was started again it all came up again!! he was astonished to find car had an additive tank in it (but anyway besides the point) waited 2 and a half weeks to get seen at a pug dealer cos my mechanic was told by someone who works in one that the counter needed reset.
pug dealers looked at car y'day said counter was fine didnt need reset, and that the prob was a PEF sensor was full of water and needed changed, aslo that pump in additive tank was workin and it could either be wiring or the pump itself not working which was causing the problem but they wud need the cat back to look at again!! whats the view on my situation anyone?? if the PEF sensor is not workin surely that would affect the pump in not being able to function?? and that the pump is actually in workin order, the pug dealer told me i would need a new PEF sensor and a new pump!! PLEASE ANY IDEAS APPRECIATED

Pollution fault!! help needed PLEASE!! - Screwloose

So your mechanic was "astonished" to encounter a FAP system on a 307 HDi? He's got a bright future then.... [PEF/DPF/FAP - same thing. Only been around since '01.]

If the differential pressure sensor is full of water [normal] then fit a new one. [£90-250 depending on type.]

You'll probably find that the FAP servicing requirement has been ignored [many have] and the new sensor will tell you that you need a re-con FAP [because it's blocked] and the additive re-filled and counter re-set if it hasn't been already. That sorts it for the next 50,000m.

The whole additive and regeneration system is networked and the failure of any part of it disables the whole thing - even if a cap magnet falls off.
yeah he was he didnt think they were on cars from the '02 age!! his lorry has all this addittive crap but its an '04 model

peugeot quoted me £136 with labour costs to fit a new PEF sensor..
its near full of additive so doesnt need any, whats the re-con FAP then? so what your saying is with a new sensor put in it mite jus need the counter reset again?? which i take is a pug only job? does the pump need to be changed?? or just get the new sensor in and see if that works screwloose?? appreciatin this help here!!

should have just stuck to drivin the Manta was hard on fuel but at least no technology was in it to go wrong haha
Pollution fault!! help needed PLEASE!! - Screwloose

All the 307s with RHS and RHR engines have Eolys-system FAPs. Trucks are completely different - they use pig wee. [Google Eolys and you'll find out how it all works.]

£136 fitted means you have the cheaper sensor. Good price. The reason it's gone is usually because the FAP wasn't changed at 50K. Most clued-up places fit a new sensor with a new FAP.

These systems are very complex and mechanics who are too thick, or disinterested, to understand how they work and what servicing really means should leave FAP-equipped cars to the dealers. Just search "FAP" on here and see the mayhem shoddy servicing is causing - they're now turning up on everything.

If serviced as required; they're no problem. So get everything sorted all-at-once - or it will become an on-going nightmare.
cheers screw loose for your advice and information.. will do a bit more digging around for info etc.. then get it all serviced good man cheers again
Pollution fault!! help needed PLEASE!! - jinska
Hi

I am writing from South Africa. I have a 2004 206 cc with 36 000kms on the odo. It has also suddenly shown ESP/ASp not working. Can you please advise me as to what the problem may be?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 18/07/2008 at 01:12