2003 Window opens when engine is switched off - ironeagleuk
A work colleague of mine has a Renault Scenic, and now that the nice weather has started, she has started using the windows.

Now am not 100% certain of the problem.....but she says:

"When I turn the engine off, the drivers window goes down....the only way to stop it is to open the passenger door"

Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Webmaster on 02/05/2008 at 14:02

2003 Window opens when engine is switched off - Xileno {P}
Most likely the wretched regulator. £400. A very common problem on these and Meganes. (problem fixed from 2006 facelift onwards)
2003 Window opens when engine is switched off - mickeymouse
I had this very same problem on my 2000 1.6 Scenic.

The only way I could stop it opening was to snatch the fuse out when the window was closed. I left it with the fuse out for a few weeks and when I replaced the fuse it worked normally again. This lasted for about 18 months when suddenly the same window(drivers door) opened when I started the engine this time. Again I left it for a while and the problem went away again and it's still operating normally now.

I have read in other forums that you can reset the mechanism by operating the window and keeping the switch pressed for about 10 seconds when the window is fully closed and again when fully open. In my case, the first time, I couldn't keep it fully closed because as soon as it closed it opened again. I have however, carried out this resetting every now and then in the hope it will stop it recurring.