car judder and hard to get into gear-warranty work - adam f
At the end of february i purchased a renault megane 1.4 3 door hatch from local renault dealer. The car is a 2004 on a 04 plate and has 23k on the clock. with the purchase i got a years tax, 12 months MOT, full service and 12 months warranty.

I have had the car now for 2 months and it is very hard to get into 1st gear and it grinds into reverse. Also when at standstill the car seems like it is juddering and i can really notice it. Its like someone is giving it a very gentle bounce.

I am gonna ring renault on monday to book it in.where do i stand with regards to getting the work done at no cost to me, and what can i ask for regarding the gears (i doubt i could ask for a new gear box)

And what could be causing the juddering?

Edited by Pugugly on 26/04/2008 at 19:03

car judder and hard to get into gear-warranty work - Saltrampen
With any warranty you should have a copy of its terms and conditions.
The Garage should identify the fault and assess if it is bad enough to warrant replacement.
Until fault is identified difficult to make a warranty claim.
Juddering/difficult in enganging gears could be anything from misaligned/dry links, kinked/frayed cables, Clutch position (ie not fully disengaged/sticking), worn clutch, gearbox/engine mounts, low gerabox oil level, knackered gearbox to bad idle.
IF it is gearbox related it is likely to be less noticeable when the clutch pedal is pushed down.

Best to see what the garage (where you bought the car) say about the fault first.
Many cars when started from cold have stiff feeling 1st gears/ reverse, but if you have to wrestle with it then you have a problem.

car judder and hard to get into gear-warranty work - Collos25
Clutch on the way out
car judder and hard to get into gear-warranty work - adam f
with regards to the gears,it dos'nt happen every time,but it happens enough for it to annoy me.
obviously i will have to wait to here what the garage say, but hopefully they wont try and fob me off. Its just good if i have something to say to them with the help of some more experienced views