'51 plate ex-army re-registered in old tax bands - mfarrow
Hi

Vauxhall Corsa GLS 1.7Di

The above vehicle was purchased new by the army in 2001. When it was re-registered last year, it received a 51 plate (i.e. September 2001), yet has got the old pre-March 2001 tax band. In other words I'm likely to pay £185 per year instead of next year's £90!

What can be done? Obviously the DVLA know it's post March 2001, otherwise it would have had a Y plate not 51. So do they need anything to convince them it's worthy of the lower tax band.

I don't know what happens with the history when it leaves the army. It comes with a service print-out but that's it!
'51 plate ex-army re-registered in old tax bands - Pugugly
I would phone the DVLA or go to LVLO, from experience they love obscure questions to break up the banality of the week !
'51 plate ex-army re-registered in old tax bands - welshlad
if its ex MOD stock i'd give it a miss they are all hammered, driven by hundreds of people who give a damn (its not their car)
should have read 'dont give a damn'
if its ex MOD stock i'd give it a miss they are all hammered

How's that different to any other pool vehicle? In all car purchases it's a case of winsome/lose some. It's got FSH with MoD and judging by the mileage 115k that was mainly motorway.
'51 plate ex-army re-registered in old tax bands - TheOilBurner
This can also work in your favour the other way. post 2001 V70 T5 Police traffic cars also remain under the old system, saving their new owners quite a bit!

Their owners might not thank you for upsetting the apple cart with DVLA, if that Corsa gets re-classified, they might start looking at the other abberations too... :) LOL!

But why not just get a run of the mill shopping cart Corsa that will not have been abused nearly as much, even in the hand of uncaring young people/housewives etc? (Courtesy of stereotypes 'R us).
i know of what i speak having been a former army mechanic and having 'serviced' these vehicles, its amazing what a bit of Harry Black (heavy duty gaffer tape) can repair pfffft who needs genuine parts
To close.

Eventually, after a letter from Vauxhall giving CO 2 and then having to go back and be lightened of £70 for a ECoC (thanks to girl at DVLA who obviously knew nothing after being asked specifically whether I'd need the ECoC, twice!) the tax is now banded at the correct level.

Servicing, welshlad, was from various garages (mainly dealers) through the lease company.