05 1.8td Service indicator reset - Smiggy9
Can anyone please tell me how to reset the service indicator on a 55 plate VW Passat estate 1.9tdi? This is the new shape car with the PD engine.

There are instructions of a sort in the owners handbook, but they either flat out don't work, or I am failing to follow them correctly. If you have seen these instructions you probably know what I mean.

I get the car serviced locally every 10k from a friendly mechanic, with full genuine VW parts and oil, which helps keep the cost down, but he has no gear to do the service reset.

Originally tacked onto a 2005 thread, but the glue hadn't taken so I moved it into a standalone thread

Edited by Pugugly on 20/04/2008 at 17:19

05 1.8td Service indicator reset - maltrap
go to the VAGCOMwebsite
05 1.8td Service indicator reset - Smiggy9
Thanks for replying, but this site only tells me about their VAG-COM diagnostic tool. No step by step instructions on resetting, unless I've missed it on the site somewhere! Or I've got the wrong site. vagcom.co.uk? vagcom.com?

The handbook explains a procedure, implying this can be done without a visit to a garage.
05 1.8td Service indicator reset - Screwloose

When the car was delivered; did you ask for it to be re-set to Longlife servicing?
05 1.8td Service indicator reset - VwAdy
step 1..
hold down spanner button then (still holding down spanner button) push key to turn on ignition..
step 2..
then release spanner button and push minute button on clock (not hour)
step 3..
then push spanner once for 1 second...remove key from ignition..
step 4...
wait 20 seconds then turn on ignition...job done..;)
Ady....
this is for B6 passats 2005 on new shape....not for long life variable service reset vag com required to do that..ps aint that vw oil expensive 60.00 + vat!!!!
05 1.8td Service indicator reset - wes0680
where exactly is the button?