Bonnet pull - 1.2 -98 - Sian31
Someone broke into my 1998 1.2 S Reg Punto and when i opened the door the red lever was on the floor. I have looked through the manual to try and work out where it goes and what it was attached to but cannot find anything. The battery is now flat and i cannot open the bonnet. Anyone let me know what it was attached to, maybe i can pull a wire which it was attached to and open the bonnet. Anyone know another way to open without the lever?

Edited by Pugugly on 20/04/2008 at 16:46

Bonet Pull - 1.2 -98 - Chris M
Presumably as you don't know where it goes, you don't open the bonnet very often.

It goes under the steering column to the left, in line with the clutch pedal. If you look under the dash you will see the bracket it attaches to above the clutch pedal with the bonnet cable passing through the bracket.

You may be able to re-attach the handle if it isn't broken, but presumably it has broken because the bonnet catch itself is partially seized. If it is broken, try pulling the cable with a pair of pliers or preferably mole grips. At the same time, have a friend push down on the bonnet to relieve some of the pressure on the catch. When you get the bonnet open, make sure you lubricate the catch!