03 1.0 16 valve K12 - EML on - intheknow
Hi everyone , i have a problem with my micra its a k12 model 1.0 16v on an 03 plate , it has covered 26k , the car has developed a problem my eml came on and my autodiagnos brought up the problem of a crank shaft position sensor being at fault , i changed the sensor in the gearbox and the cam sensor in the head at the same time and reset the light , all is well with running when the car is warm , but when starting from cold the idle speed raises and drops till the car is driven , the light comes straight back on and the car feels underpowered , the same fault indicating the crank sensor at fault , but if i run the engine till its warm reset the eml and drive its fine can drive as far as i like until , its left over night and started in the morning from cold and the eratic idle starts and the light comes on as i pull off the drive , any help is welcomed , many thanks .

Edited by Pugugly on 15/04/2008 at 21:36

03 1.0 16 valve K12 - EML on - Screwloose

What's the exact fault code?
03 1.0 16 valve K12 - EML on - elekie&a/c doctor
Fault codes of cam/crank sensor and synchronisation usually means expensive trouble for these.The timing chain wears and causes running and engine power loss.A very common problem and often at low mileages.hth
03 1.0 16 valve K12 - EML on - Screwloose
Doc

I wasn't going to be the one to say it..... [I've seen the chains go at 5000.]
03 1.0 16 valve K12 - EML on - AndyT
Hope it's not the first signs of the dreaded timing chain stretch, even at those low miles.

Here's a link to a forum thread which may provide other pointers, particulary 'Fordy's' posts;

www.micra.org.uk/archive/index.php/t-12763.html