06 2.0 Cannot work out how to Sat Nav - axus
Hi
I have just bought a Nov 06 Avensis T3-S 2.0 Diesel.
Presumably the Sat Nav users the middle display, it has the buttons down the side but I cannot work out how to use it. Any advice please. The hand book only refers to the posh one.
Also is it possible to upgrade the sat nav please.

Regards Keith
06 2.0 Cannot work out how to Sat Nav - wrangler_rover
I have a March 06 Avensis diesel with a built in sat nav.
I've found it so user unfriendly that I never use it, it doesn't work with post codes.
I use a tom tom inatead, much easier to use.
06 2.0 Cannot work out how to Sat Nav - Falkirk Bairn
A few years back I hired an Avensis @ Bham Airport - looked at the book and the buttons and decided after 10 mins that a sense of direction & Road signs would be quicker.

I now have a Garmin - switch it on and the logic of the box can be easily followed.

Why don't car manufacturers just give in and fit the Garmins, Tom toms etc as Standard (apart from them losing megabucks on their overpriced options)
06 2.0 Cannot work out how to Sat Nav - livingnext
I drive the 04 plate Avensis, the sat nav does not use postcodes,but name of roads. If you know how it works like i do, its spot on. I do not mind educating u opn how to use it,i felt same way as you guys initially.
06 2.0 Cannot work out how to Sat Nav - gandaulf
if you bourght the car from a dealer get them to give you the right book for the car
06 2.0 Cannot work out how to Sat Nav - gordonbennet
Got a similar built in unit on the Toyo pick up, used it twice in 12 months, brilliant when its working, but lose the will to live trying to set the thing, i know i'm a thicky but i can get my mate's tom tom prog'd in 30 secs first time use and no instructions.

If you get the correct manual, you'll still be no wiser unless you have a weekend to decipher the thing.
06 2.0 Cannot work out how to Sat Nav - Pippa
i have just purchased a 05 Toyoto with a built in Sav Nav.

I do i reset the sav nav the screen seems to have gone blank

How do i use this sat nav the manual is very confusing it does not seem to take postcode just names of towns.

Also the previous owner has programmed in their own destination and i cannot clear the settings
06 2.0 Cannot work out how to Sat Nav - milkysquiz
can anyone please help me set up the satnav in my 2005 avensis, is there a programme i can use to install the use of postcodes? desperate!
06 2.0 Cannot work out how to Sat Nav - rtj70
No full post codes if you've not figured it yet. It might have partial post codes but no better. But it is a car from nearly 4 years ago.

If desperate for post codes then get a TomTom or similar.
06 2.0 Cannot work out how to Sat Nav - NatalieD
Hi we have just bought an 04 avensis and can't work out the sat nav, it seems you have is sussed we'd really appreciate your advice and some guidance on how to use it if you can? Thanks
06 2.0 Cannot work out how to Sat Nav - rtj70
Can you not read the provided instruction manual?

Edited by rtj70 on 29/04/2009 at 00:16

06 2.0 Cannot work out how to Sat Nav - Starfish
I drive the 04 plate Avensis, the sat nav does not use postcodes,but name of roads. If you know how it works like i do, its spot on. I do not mind educating u opn how to use it,i felt same way as you guys initially.

Hi there, I know this is an old post but if you still wouldn't mind telling me how to use it i'd be V grateful. I have a button saying destination / reroute and sadly can't get ny further than that as i can't see how to - there doesnt seem to be any way for me to enter anything? Very confused, any help would be fab... its a 55 plate avensis 2.2 T3s... Cheers.

06 2.0 Cannot work out how to Sat Nav - bembo
Hi
I have just brought a 05, can work out the sat except the voice seems to be turned off, can anyone help please?