1990 2.0i petrol. front whel bearings - concrete
One of my ex company cars. Bought for a song off lease company at 2 years old with 75000 miles on the clock. Now 18 years old and still a fantastic car. Everything just works and works well. Loathe to part with it until absolutely neccessary but the front wheel bearings make an awful noise when pulling away especially at corners. Any idea if they can be replaced on such an old car and an idea of costs if they can? Any advice gratefully accepted. Concrete.
1990 2.0i petrol. front whel bearings - thomp1983
there's some listed for the smaller engine models of the same year on ebay which suggests parts are available so probably try your local motor factor. looking at the ebay picture they just look like the standard press in and out affair so should just be a case of stripping the hub off the car which shouldn't take more than an hour or so per side so say £100 labour at most plus the parts cost.

chris
1990 2.0i petrol. front whel bearings - piston power
If your competent to do this yourself you can match the number off the bearing and get a replacement from a bearing company hell of a lot cheaper than a motor factors thats where they get them from!
1990 2.0i petrol. front whel bearings - RichardW
" make an awful noise when pulling away especially at corners"

What sort of noise...could be the CV joints?

If WBs any garage should be able to do them easy enough.