2006,1600vvt , unable to find sidelight fuse - barabus
Hi problem with 2006 1.6 renault scenic- while checking contacts for rear brake-sidelight i shorted the connections, fuse has blown for sidelights (n\s) and i can`t find a fuse - the glovebox fuses are ok and the box under the bonnet next to the battery all seem to be BIG fuses. Does anyone know where the fuse is ? it is driving me crackers!!. The brake lights and headlights are ok ,just the n\s sides.
Thx
barabus
ps sorry if not clear enought this is my first post.
2006,1600vvt , unable to find sidelight fuse - Screwloose

There's another, large, fuse box in the engine bay called the Protection and Switching Unit.

The L/H sidelights are on fuse 6 [7.5A brown] in that one; which is the end fuse on the only crossways row.
2006,1600vvt , unable to find sidelight fuse - barabus
Thanks screwloose- finally found the fuse, on the later models you have to remove -the battery,ecu,and minor other parts so you can remove the box in question. In the later models the have put the unit in the other way up so that you have to pull it all the way out to be able to turn it over to get at the fuses. I managed to get it done but it`s just another example of how to make what should be a simple job annoying. Hope this helps anyone else and thanks again for setting me in the right direction.

Barabus
2006,1600vvt , unable to find sidelight fuse - number123
I have a similar problem - is this just a time-consuming job, or is it tricky? Any tips?