2002 DTi - Replacing odometer backlight bulb? - trevthebev
The bulb that lights my odometer reading in my instrument panel has blown and requires to be replaced as I can no longer see how many miles I've done. I have contacted my local Vauxhall garage who says it is at least an hours labour to replace. After I'd picked myself up from the floor at the cost (At least £60) I thought I could do it myself. I have got a workshop manual (On CD) but it syas the sterring wheel,airbag radio and complete dashboard needs to come off.
Can someone please advise if this is correct or is there an easier way for a novice like me to do it myself.

Thanks,

TrevTheBev

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 31/03/2008 at 11:09

2002 DTi - Replacing odometer backlight bulb? - PeterRed
I have the same problem and my Haynes manual agrees with your CD. However, I've since found this guide which avoids steering wheel removal:-

marty.sunriseroad.net/2007/11/22/replacing-an-inst.../

which I plan to try when I'm feeling bored.
2002 DTi - Replacing odometer backlight bulb? - Dynamic Dave
Great find Peter. I'll put that link in my favourites as this question pops up from time to time on a Vauxhall forum I look at.
2002 DTi - Replacing odometer backlight bulb? - PeterRed
I can confirm that I changed the bulb yesterday without removing the steering wheel. Took me about 3 hours but I'm fairly careful. Make sure you've got the necessary torx socket before you start.