2006 1.4 16v S90 - Best way of selling? - Gabe
I bought a 56 plate Peugeot 207 last October. Since buying it I had to replace the side panel (someone drove into me) and am now having to deal with further repairs due to a 4 wheel drive vehicle driving into the 207 whilst parked. I imagine the car will look absolutely fine after a trip to a body shop. Anyway, I've since decided that I want rid of the vehicle.....Do you think I'll have trouble selling it? I want to exchange it for a Suzuki Swift. What's the best way of doing so and how much do you reckon I'll get for it?

It's a 16v S 90 A/C 56 plate.

Thanks

{subject header altered to make less vague}

Edited by Webmaster on 26/03/2008 at 01:11

Nightmare car - Peugeot 207 - Avant
I'm not a fan of new Peugeots (the last really good cars they made were the 205 and 306), but you can hardly blame your 207 for the idiocy of other people! If you like the car, I suggest you keep it a little longer as you'll lose quite a bit on it at the moment.

But if you don't like it, the Swift has had good reviews and is quite a bit cheaper than a 207, so you might get a reasonable deal by PX-ing it: less hassle than selling it privately but less money too.
Nightmare car - Peugeot 207 - Gabe
Thanks Avant. I'm not happy with the car so would like to exchange it. How much do you reckon I could get for it? It has done around 18k miles....
Nightmare car - Peugeot 207 - dnc1781
Have a look at autotrader

1.6HDi90 from:

£7799 - 06/56 Sport 3dr 37k - trade

£7995 - 06/06 S 3dr 5k - trade

£8338 - 07/07 S 5dr 23k - trade

HTH
Nightmare car - Peugeot 207 - Gabe
thanks a lot. Will do. Forgot to say it's a 1.4 petrol engine.
2006 1.4 16v S90 - Best way of selling? - niceguyeddy
Glass Guide Bottom Book for your car is £6725 as a 3 Door or £6950 as a 5 Door assuming no more than 18000 miles and in a decent colour.

However no Peugeot is a "book" car so average main dealer would SIV it about £400 behind book assuming they dont spot any reapirs.

As a PX against a new Swift your possibly looking at about £6800 to £7200 assuming its a 5door ( IMHO )

The easy way to ged rid is to PX it.

Selling private is the hardest way but you will get more for it circa low 7's if a 5 door.

I would personally stick a for sale sign in rear window with your mobile number then go to local Suzuki dealer and haggle as you have no PX once you sell it ..

hope this helps