Is there something wrong? - Steve Brautigan
I have a K reg Citroen AX 1.1 which has done just over 86K , and I have noticed something when I change gear. Basically i dump the clutch change in to whatever gear and then when i lift the clutch and go back on the gas it sounds and feels like there is a delay in the clutch ingageing again. This seems to happen when the car is fully laden, sometimes with a maximum of five people in the car(yes it is a squeeze in an AX!). I dont know if there is anything wrong or whether it is completely as it should be.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers.
Steve B
Is there something wrong? - David Lacey
Gear linkage fault?

or clutch slip?

Probably the latter..

MG-Rover Questions? Click on www.mg-rover.org
Yea I thought that may be the problem.
Is there something wrong? - Clanger
You seem to be describing the symptoms of a slipping clutch. The car is the right mileage for such an event. A new clutch fitted may cost you around £200 which must be approaching the value of the car. A real expert may be along in a minute ...

Darcy.

Sudden prayers make God jump.
"£200 which must be approaching the value of the car"

Its valued in glasses for just under a grand actually!!
Is there something wrong? - Clanger
Steve
Didn't mean to upset you. Some AX 1.1s from 1990/1 are advertised privately here in North Yorkshire for £300-£500. That was my starting point.

Darcy.

Sudden prayers make God jump.
i'm sure i'll get over it....!
Is there something wrong? - Rob E
Yes, definitely sounds like clutch slip, - symptoms of a dying clutch. With 5 people on board you'll feel the symptoms even more, as with that sort of extra mass the clutch is under much greater pressure.

Definitely worth getting a new clutch, if yours is a sound AX. If yours is sound and a facelift model then indeed it is likely to be worth nearer a grand. Cherish it!!
Rob E