2003 1.4se - faulty abs module - sajid
Recently bought the jazz off the dealers the abs light lit up took it down the dealer who charged me £40 for the daignosis was told its the abs module that is faulty luckily the car still in warranty and i asked the receptionist to how much it be if the car was out of its warranty was quoted £1132 for it. Ouch !!

My question to backroom readers any one who got a jazz with some problems as i was led to beleive that the jazz was a reliable car.

The warranty going to expire june 2008 and i was quoted £260 with warrantydirect with the wear and tear option, is it worth it? should i extend the warranty?

The car is serviced by the main dealer {slang word deleted} i am paying out a service plan for it basically take the car own and pay nothing for servicing it cos i already paid thru the plan.

I know that the dealer price of the abs module is high just wondering whether the abs module can be bought cheaper than the dealers.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 15/02/2008 at 12:35

2003 1.4se - faulty abs module - doctorchris
We have a Jazz of similar age that has clocked up nearly 42,000 miles of trouble free motoring and really costs peanuts to run, especially as it is so fuel efficient and depreciates so slowly. I think you should keep the faith with this car, whether you go for the warranty plan is up to you.
2003 1.4se - faulty abs module - sajid
I just wait till june 2008 when the dealer warranty runs out and see what it cost to extend it, am planning to keep the car for another year then trade it in for the new jazz am happy with the car its economy and its space efficency as for releiability touch wood see how it goes for the next 12 months
2003 1.4se - faulty abs module - beryozka
Honda Jazz 2004 Faulty ABS unit.
I am a student. I think Honda's price if £1500 to fix it is a bit too much.
The light came on without any reason.
Does anyone had the same problem?
Does someone know how to fix it cheaper; to avoid of
paying Honda £1500?
2003 1.4se - faulty abs module - kilowatts

did u get it sorted and how? i have the same problem

2003 1.4se - faulty abs module - kilowatts

i have the same problem, i took it to the honda dealer as they had a safety recall, but after i drove out, later on the same day , my abs light came on? even though my car had passed its mot few weeks before by my local garage.

so i rang the honda dealer , they say i have to take it in for a dianogstic test for 60 quid or something?! and quoted me over a 1000 quid for a new abs modulator!! which is worth more than the value of my car!

my local garage gave me a free test and confirmed it needs a new abs ...and suggest i go online and find a secondhand part, trouble is these parts ranges from 50 pounds to 250 pounds second hand, which one is reliable??

help

2003 1.4se - faulty abs module - madf

Google "ABS repairs"..

LOTS of cheaper suppliers.