2006 1.4 noise from front brakes - nereus4951
hi first time member , hope you can help :honda jazz 1.4 manual 2006 ,when turning left or right there is a noise that sounds like the pads are catching or rubbing on the disc s i have changed the pads but it is still there , i dont know if it could be the discs are warped or a wheel bearing problem the car has done 56k and is used as a driving school car can you help regards steve.
2006 1.4 noise from front brakes - Saltrampen
As a quick check, check the brake disc splash guards (metal plates) are not too close to the disc. These can catch during cornering. Often occurs after changing pads or discs, when they can get bent slightly out of position. May not be this, be at least eliminates one possibility.
2006 1.4 noise from front brakes - Falkirk Bairn
As a quick check check the brake disc splash guards (metal plates) are not too
close to the disc. These can catch during cornering. Often occurs after changing pads or
discs when they can get bent slightly out of position. May not be this be
at least eliminates one possibility.

There is a chance that small stones / grit can get trapped in the disc guards - sounds like the end of the world in some cases. Wheel off and a flexible knife can dislodge them
2006 1.4 noise from front brakes - doctorchris
On my Panda 4x4 this sort of noise was caused by discs that were worn beyond their wear limit (at 25,000 miles, by the way) with a pronounced and very corroded lip on the edge of the disc. I would suspect that a 56,000 mile Jazz used mostly in an urban environment and likely to now be on its third set of pads would have excessively worn discs also.
If you are in a position to check, the disc wear limit is 19mm, obviously measured on the friction surfaces and not the disc margin, so some kind of calliper will be needed.