1999 - Key fob and battery problem - carbuster
My central locking is not working. I have two key fobs (say A & B) for remote central locking, out of which A doesn't switch the car on (immobaliser light stays on), but used to open the car door, and B used to both open the doors and worked ok on ignition. The battery were going weak for both key fobs and I just replaced one for key fob A.
However operating the key fob A, nothing happens although red light on fob glows alright when I press the key.

I want to know is there any other battery for the central locking which I need to replace
If there is problem on the key fob A, and given I got only 1 other key (B) which allows me to drive the car, how risky it is to open the keyfob B and replace battery for this one too.

Would be glad to get an idea how to solve this

{car make removed from main header, as these are included when you made your choice from the drop down menus}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 28/01/2008 at 23:04

Vauxhall Omega 1999 - Key fob and battery problem - Screwloose

You may need to re-synch the fob after battery change - the handbook should give details.
1999 - Key fob and battery problem - jimster
does the key light up when you press it?
if it does sit in the car turn the ignition on but don,t start the engine and press the lock or unlock button a few times it should lock then unlock then the fob is ok to use.