(2005-) Sounded like exhaust had blown - doctorchris
Yesterday, after crossing from Carlisle to Sunderland in a fair amount of snow on the Military Road, the exhaust on the Panda 4x4 sounded as if it had blown on starting the engine. Fair enough, I thought, I had hit a few lumps of ice with the sump guard and may have done some damage.
This morning I got under the car and could find no exhaust leak. What I did find was a large lump of ice impacted into the the steel guard on the propshaft joint and hoiked this out.
Strangely, the exhaust noise disappeared. When it gets a bit warmer I'll take off the sump guard and check the front of the exhaust system, though this cannot have sustained damage due to its position.
I don't see how the ice on the propshaft could have caused this noise but could the low temperatures have done it?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 22/01/2008 at 18:56

Sounded like exhaust had blown - piston power
Does it have a flexi ball or olive joint that may have moved some to make the noise then popped back?

put your hand over the tail pipe see if engine goes to stall or is blowing? good luck..
Sounded like exhaust had blown - Altea Ego
It was probably transmitting propshaft noise into the body shell. ONce it was gone so has the noise
(2005-) Sounded like exhaust had blown - doctorchris
Sump guard off today, whole exhaust system checked and not a leak in sight. Exhaust now sounds normal.