Wheel sizes - Lefty
If my focus has 16" alloys and I want low profile alloys in their place do I have to get 16" or can I get 17"?

The wheel arches seem like they could hold more but don't want to break the thing. Also any good places to buy them from?

Cheers Andy.

P.S sorry if that was a stupid question.

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 19/01/2008 at 18:30

Wheel sizes - mfarrow
What you need is make sure the tyre circumference stays the same, otherwise you're going to end up with a dodgy speedometer.

In which case you'll probably need the 17" rims. Look in the manual as a guide to see what tyre size comes with these. Otherwise there are websites which list equivalent tyre/wheel sizes.
Wheel sizes - oldlag
My zetec 1.8Petrol has optional 17" wheels which have 205/50 tyres (Continental)
Yes there is extra road noise this could be due to the fact the tyres are lowish profile or the make.
I intend tochange to Goodyear NCT if I can next time.
For all the better looks I prefer the 15" wheels onmy old mark 1 model.

Also think the mark 1 was a better car in other ways, seemd more robust the panels bonet etc on the mk2 are very thin by comparison.

Mind you my Mk1 TDCI had a fuel delivery problem no one could bottm and the dealer put it to auction when I traded it,
Wheel sizes - jc2
A Ford dealer will have a brochure with all the Ford alloy wheels that will fit your car(quite a selection-both regular production and RS) and these will fit without adaptors or fitting rings or special bolts and won't foul the arches/brakes/suspension.