Super service - Collos25
Last Thursday in Germany my cylinder head gasget decided to go went down to a small family owned ex rover agents now Lada in Dresden and asked if they could look at it with the statement "Please do not laught but I intended on travelling to the UK on Saturday"they confirmed my thoughts and that I could pick the car up Friday afternoon I nearly fainted.
The cost for labour was 288 euros which was for 6.5 hours plus parts I had the cam belt done at the same time the dearest part was the new set of headbolts at 113euros they they skimmed the head, new water pump,oil filter,antifreeze and all the various gaskets all old parts were there for me to examine the total bill was 1102 euros including 19%vat totally amazed.Super friendly excellent service so hard to find these days anywhere.
Super service - Billy Whizz
Nice story, Andy. How many miles has your 75 done? Edited to add: And I take it the car managed OK with the drive back to UK?

Edited by Billy Whizz on 07/01/2008 at 08:29

Super service - Collos25
43000 miles, yes and it got back no problem thankyou.hopefully now with the modified parts it should last sometime,I hope so as I intend keeping it as I like it so much.