Mondeo "chipped" keys..... - Jim Wyatt
Having taken HJ's advice ( and that of many contributors to this forum ) I recently purchased a Mondeo 2.0GLX Estate MKII, year 2000 model from the Great Trade Centre. I was fortunate enough to get the remote key, but no others with the car.

Having read the handbook it explains that the keys need to be "matched" to the car, apparently it is possible to do this with two keys ( ie match a third )but if you only have one key it appears to be a dealers job ?

I rang my local Bristol Street and they want £15 +vat for each key, a standard key not a remote and a further £42 +VAT for the service team to teach the new keys all they need to know.

They tell me it is a "complicated procedure involving the interogation of the diagnostic system". I dont mind paying the £15 for the keys but does anybody no if I can carry out the "teaching procedure" myself ?

Further is there anybody else who may be able to do it other than a main dealer ?

cheers

Jim.
Mondeo "chipped" keys..... - M.M
Jim,

It has been mentioned here before but some true locksmiths (as opposed to key cutters) are getting into the electronic car key/fob business now. Might be one in your area, try the yellow pages.

David W
Mondeo "chipped" keys..... - jc
FDS 2000(ford diagnostic system) is what is used to reprogramme single keys.
Mondeo "chipped" keys..... - Richard Turpin
They also advertise in Ex & Mart. That's how the crooks do it as main dealers want to see all the paperwork.