1997 Seatbelt Clip assembly - Cornish Lass
Had a bit of a shock when driving yesterday as my seatbelt suddenly came undone. The clip in the "receiving end" seems to be dodgy and it keeps letting go. Will hold if you really force it, then difficult to undo!

Its the assembly with the pretensioner fitted. Planning to go to the scrapyard tomorrow and pick up another, but we only really need the clip part. Does it come apart or do we need to get the whole pretensioner aswell? Can't really see on the car - does look as if its fitted with a treaded bolt, but without taking out the seat, we cannot see what head its got - if any. Bound to be a star headed one just to make life difficult!

Any advice much appreciated, Thanks!

{Date in header picked up from a previous post of yours}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 20/12/2007 at 18:08

Seatbelt Clip assembly - topbloke
its bolted to the seat, remove seat, then unbolt from frame, be carefull that you dont bang it about to much or you will set it off, they are secured to the frame with a torx headed bolt (star headed) and a rivet, they come complete with the pretensioner unit, as its a safty issue i would bite the bullet and by a new one, your choice obviosly
Seatbelt Clip assembly - Dynamic Dave
If these are the mechanical spring loaded pre-tensioners, then I gather that a plastic locking clip MUST BE FITTED before removing from the seat; or even before the seat is removed.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 20/12/2007 at 18:06

Seatbelt Clip assembly - bell boy
Cornish Lass take careful note what has been said,the springs on these will take a finger off
i wouldnt buy new ,far far too expensive
a corsa pretensioner one will also fit but the safety buckle sits a bit further down the seat squab but dont tell anyone i told you
Seatbelt Clip assembly - Cornish Lass
Thanks for replies.

Just thought I'd update that pre-tensioner assembly has now been successfully replaced. Rang our local VX dealership this morning for a quote - £125+Vat and they can't get one until the new year. Went to the scrapyard 10 minutes up the road and found a same year Astra, stolen recovered (no accident damage so tensioner should be fine) and they charged £10+vat.

Took careful note of the safety key advice (also listed in the Haynes manual), and fitted to the old one prior to taking off, and the replacement until it was installed. Pretty easy job really, only took just over an hour.

Thanks again for all replies!

Edited by Cornish Lass on 21/12/2007 at 15:32