Renault Clio - Lack of passenger space - Rob E
Just sat in the back of a 02 Clio 3 door today. There were 4 of us in the car in total, none of us 6 footers. I was astounded at the lack of leg room in the back, and how very uncomfortable it was, (back bench short and shallow, rear head rests stuck into your lower back, hardly any head room).

Granted, the Clio is a small car, and not as new as the spacious Yaris and Jazz etc. However, I'm used to sitting in the back of a mark 2 Polo and Peugeot 106, both of which seem miles more spacious.

Time Renault improved it's act!
Rob E
Renault Clio - Lack of passenger space - AndyT
I own a 02 Clio, and agree with you about the lack of rear passenger space.
However, regarding the rear headrests, they are meant to be adjusted to the raised position when the seat is in use. The reason for having them lowered is to improve parking vision.
All cars? - Lack of rear space - M.M
I am only of average size but rarely do I find any comfort in the rear of small-medium family size cars. Most are "in the front only" as far as I'm concerned.

No comparison I know but about the only thing I've owned with real room in the rear was a Citroen DS Pallas. With the red velour seats like a sofa and so much leg room it was like being at home.

David W
All cars? - Lack of rear space - Ian Cook
No comparison I know but about the only thing I've owned
with real room in the rear was a Citroen DS Pallas.
With the red velour seats like a sofa and so much
leg room it was like being at home.
David W

>>

Yes, and what about the long version of the Traction Avant (Light 15). A mate at school's father had one - I think it was called a big six. You could hold a dance in the back!

Ian Cook